As I start-up Ideation 2011 I took a look back at some of my Ideation Conference 2010 notes and quotes...here are some of my favorites in tweet-sized bites.
1. Creativity needs space.
2. The Underground Railroad wasn't started by secret ninjas but everyday activists.-Hannah Song (LINK)
3. You don't have to be an expert to have a good idea.
4. Good ideas need even better advocates.
5. Test of value is what you're willing to pay.
6. Movements cannot be manufactured through marketing.-Ben Keesey (Invisible Children)
7. Humans should never have to adapt to living without love.
8. Dreams take shape between 10p-2p. Awake.
9. Food aid creates famine & destroys local markets.
10. It takes vision to see in the dark.
11. We are about people not causes.
12. Our story is opportunity, possibility & hope. And we want people to be cheering at the end of it.-Scott Harrison (Charity:Water)
13. A narrow focus will hold you accountable to success.-Ben Keesey
14. Greg Russinger is living life interrupted. And has been for a while.
15. We must develop projects that yield ownership & sustainability. -Keith Kall (World Vision)
16. If you don't like the guy who's flying the plane, get your own plane.-Scott Harrison (Charity:Water)
17. Sustainability is a cool word but it means creating a work that will be able to endure after you walk away. That's hard.
18. It starts with an idea & a conversation but is realized through risk, sacrifice & endurance.
19. Graphics and web sites don't love anyone.
20. Charles Lee.