"This is beyond a doubt one of the most precise things, one of the most beautiful things we've ever made."-Steve Jobs
1. "Thinnest smartphone on the planet." 24% thinner than current iPhone. Glass on front and rear with stainless steel running around the side.
2. "Never been a display like this on a phone." New display technology, dramatically increases pixel density. 4x as many in same amount of space. "Like a fine printed book." Display exceeds capacity of human eye. Retina Display to be standard for next 7 years.
3. iPhone 4 powered by Apple A4 chip. Bigger battery plus A4 processor, 40% more talk time. 7 hours talk time. 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video. 40 hours of music. 300 hours of standby.
4. iPhone 4 has a Gyroscope. 3 axis gyro for pitch roll and yaw. Rotation of 3D objects. New core motion APIs.
5. New camera system. More concerned with better photos than megapixel statistics. HD video - 720p at 30fps. Continuous LED flash. Record, edit, and share HD video right on your phone. iMovie for iPhone.
6. 100 new user features in iOS4. Multitasking, folders, retina display integration, enhancements to mail, camera and photo apps, deeper enterprise integration
7. iBook Integration. Ability to select, highlight, and add notes. iBooks automatically, wirelessly, and for free will sync your place, bookmarks, and all your notes.
8. iAds (like flash ads)...iAds keep users in the app when tapped instead of closing the app, loading the browser, and taking you to a random web site. Doing iAds for one simple reason: To help developers make free and low-cost apps for users.
Bonus: "Facetime" Live video calling. iPhone 4 to iPhone 4, anywhere there is WiFi, no set up required. The dream is now a reality.
Price with 2 year contract: $199 for 16GB model, $299 for 32GB model. Up to 6 months of early eligibility for an iPhone 4.
Thanks to MacRumors.com for the great coverage.